Starry Sky (Anime Review)

Starry Sky (Anime Review)

Giovanni Alvarado, Arts and Entertainment Editor/Reporter

Are you one of those anime watchers that love mystery and love sensitivity, introducing Starry Sky. Tsukiko Yahisa is the first female student to enroll at Seigetsu Academy, a former all-boys school specializing in astronomy. She is closely watched over by her childhood friends, Kanata Nanami and Suzuya Tohzuki, who often protect her from the male student body. Throughout the anime, she befriends other young men whose personalities are based on the Western zodiac constellations. The anime is significantly shows the young men personalities connecting to the zodiac through a series of episodes that tell their story from their dark dreery past to their pleasant calm and collected present, and how their zodiac constellations helped them through their journey. The male protagonist characters Yoh Tomoe representing Capricorn, Kanata Nanami representing Pisces, Suzuya Tohzuki representing Cancer, Azusa Kinose representing Sagittarius, Homare Kanakubo representing Taurus, Ryunosuke Miyaji representing Scorpio, Naoshi Haruki representing Leo, Iku Mizushima representing Gemini, Kotarou Hoshizuki representing Libra, Kazuki Shiranui representing Aries, Tsubasa Amaha representing Aquarius, Hayato Aozora representing Virgo, and finally Shiki Kagurazaka representing Ophiuchus. Through each their personal stories, each character learns what goals they have and follow in life. Whether if it was helping others, proving many wrong, or even finding inner strength, each young man found his personal dream and goal. This is a must see anime that is ever so captivating in both legend and myth of the mysterious constellations that surround our starry sky at night of the Western astrology zodiac belief, and the tales of young men aiming high to their successful goals in life as their constellation guides them to a bright future.

Trailer of Starry Sky through YouTube: