Pink Heals!

Gillian Turner, Reporter

The crowd was roaring and cheering as the players took the court in their pink jerseys. The annual Pink Heals volleyball game was a fun experience for a good cause. Helping with the fight against cancer, the Pink Heals is a non-profit organization that raises money through donations and fundraisers such as the volleyball game on October 1st.

With the freshmen starting off the night, the gold team was able to pull through a tough game and take down the Tigers. Sophomores put up a hard fight but unfortunately lost. Before the varsity game was the Survivor’s Parade. The Survivors Parade was a way to support and cheer on survivors of cancer. Cancer survivors were lead around the gym by the varsity players, flowers in hand, and leading up to a standing ovation for the strong men and women that had endured cancer. During the parade, the gym was filled with the emotions and tears of 0.That got the crowd ready for the main event, West brought their Wild West grouped up on the side bleachers and Central fans took the center bleachers. The crowds were booming with support for their own teams. Tension built as the game carried on in an intense fashion. Point after point, our Steelmen fought the Tigers bravely, taking hits and shaking off the bad vibes when they lose a serve. In the end, our Steelmen lost to West, 25- 10 in the first match, and 25-13 in the last match. The night was a success in the end, bringing in around ten-thousand dollars for the Pink Heals organization. Sporting events like these are great ways to show your school spirit and can sometimes be great ways to help others in your community.