Mr. & Ms. J 2018

Martina Lohmar, Reporter

The 60th anniversary of the Mr. and Ms. J selection was held on April 19, 2018 at the Jacob Henry Mansion. The titles are awarded to two seniors that have demonstrated the ideal attitude and perseverance in a Joliet Central student throughout their high school career. Students selected for the running had to achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and participate in extracurricular activities. While working in school, they also served their community by volunteering at various churches and organizations. The 2018 Ms. J is Lizbeth Perez who will be attending Brown University next semester. The 2018 Mr. J is Jack Lewis, who will be attending the United States Air Force Academy. Both have been inducted into the math honors society, Mu Alpha Theta, and National Honor Society. First runners up included Greg Honiotes and Jashui Zarate. Finalists for Mr. J included: Daniel Singh, Alfonso Rios-Camacho, Cesar Castillo, Ruben Lopez, Marcos Singletary, Hunter Thoms, Dana York, and Ladarius Young. Finalists for Ms. J included: Alexis Bell, Zafiro Aguilar, Lissett Diaz, Elizabeth Hernandez, Karolina Pawlica, Molly Phimmasene, Rebecca Verchimak, and Joanna Zepeda. Congratulations to all students recognized for making a difference in their community.