Homecoming Week

Homecoming+Week

Dejah Sanders, Reporter

Homecoming is a time where all the students and teachers come together to celebrate the school that we all participate in. Dating all the way back to the 19th century, this occasion has changed so much throughout time. When homecoming week comes around, it’s also spirit week. During Steelmen spirit week, there many people who participated in the different themes each day. The week consisted of Monday Meme day where everyone in the school could dress up as trending memes, Sports day, Tie-dye day, Neon day and lastly school spirit day when we wear our Steelmen gear to motivate the football players on to win the game that coming Saturday. The pep rally usually consists of games, senior recognitions and songs everyone knows. Starting off with the wonderful ROTC members to the amazing cheerleaders to poms, everyone is full of pep. Next was giving awards to all seniors in fall sports followed by Dude Squad. Once they came up and everyone lost their minds, “They honestly were the highlight of the whole rally.” some students quote. The Steelmen football game was honestly amazing as they achieved victory and it was a great win for our Steelmen Varsity. Good job guys keep up the hard work and determination! When running for homecoming court students are encouraged to make posters to grab their peers’ attention. Walking down the hallway, “Vote Me 4 Homecoming King’’ or “Vote Me 4 Homecoming Queen’’ was plastered all over the walls. The Homecoming Court was beautiful as friends and couples ran together for the wonderful crowns to be placed on their heads. The Homecoming Court included: freshmen court was Krystal Gooch and Ira Scott, sophomore court was Denym Craig and Ta’Jon Ulmer-Watson, junior court was Isabel Jimenez and Matthew Hernandez, senior 2nd place runner up was Margarita Reyes and Jared King and senior 1st place runner up was Wendy Romero and Kolby Thompson. Your wonderful Senior King and Queen couple were Ms. Destiny Jackson and Mr. Damaris Stanley. Congratulations to everyone who ran and to our winners. The Homecoming Dance was the most wonderful night of all. Girls come to school to show off their heels and dresses and the boys come to show off their nice suit with shiny shoes. “It was so much fun, and the DJ was really great to have’’, one senior boy says as the music plays loudly which filled the cafeteria. From the photo booth to running back to the dance floor when Beyoncé played, it was a great night for everyone. “I loved the fruit and the chocolate cookies that they served’’ Says one student in the parking lot waiting for her mom to arrive. The DJ was playing a variety of music from ‘’Gasolina’’ by Daddy Yankee to ‘’Swervo’’ by G-Herbo to ‘’Passion fruit’’ by Drake. As the night ended, girls went from heels to sandals as the walked out to their cars or to wait for a ride. For the many students who attended Homecoming, it was a great way to end their week.