Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Giovanni Alvarado, Reporter

After 11 years of painful waiting, it’s a dream come true! The Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes are here! Announcing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Starting November 21, 2014, prepare for an epic adventure across the Hoenn region filled with many unique Pokémon and new discoveries. Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby version and Pokémon Sapphire version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that will take place in the game. Influenced by the new “Mega Evolution”

discoveries of the past game of Pokémon X and Y that launched on October 12, 2013, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire tells a grand tale that draws ever closer to the heart of the secrets behind Mega Evolution, said to be the greatest mystery of the Pokémon world. One of your many goals will be to seek out these powerful Pokémon and unlock their incredible potential.

You begin your adventure as an avatar that is moving from a distant region and decide to settle in Littleroot Town Hoenn. From there, you will meet your neighbor who would lead you on and help you with your Pokémon journey. You also get to pick one of the three Pokémon starters to begin your adventure. The following are Treecko a grass type, Torchic a fire type, and Mudkip a water type. Throughout your journey you will also meet many other interesting people and Pokémon Trainers as you travel across the Hoenn region, including Pokémon Professor Birch, who runs the Pokémon Lab in Littleroot Town. With him you will have your first meeting with the Pokémon that will become your partner on your journey, and a new bond will be born. You’ll also encounter incredibly tough Trainers during your journey. Visit Pokémon Gyms, where Pokémon Trainers gather and Gym Leaders stand ready for Trainers to challenge them. Once you defeat all the gym leaders and collect all eight badges, it’s off to the Pokémon league with you where you will face the top elite trainers of Hoenn; known as the Elite Four and the one that stands all, the Champion himself.

During your journey through Hoenn, you’ll also be able to build and invite friends to visit your personal Super-Secret Base! Come up with your own Secret Base design, including selecting and placing decorations however you like. This also leads to the new feature of “feeling like a gym leader” as you can decorate your secret base into a Pokémon gym and become a gym leader to battle trainers that come and visit your secret base.

What Pokémon will you choose for your journey and what will you discover? All this awaits you in your new journey in Hoenn.