Annie Review

Annie+Review

Courtnee Hampton, Reporter

This year we welcome our new Choir Director Steven Pyter! Mr. Pyter Directed this year’s production of ANNIE that turned out a success that had a great turn out each night “In the end, it was obvious that our cast and crew were proud of what we had done together.  We had a great turn out each night and audience response was very positive!” (Pyter). In which the Set director Hanna Hagery also agreed. She says working with the cast and crew was a very good experience and is very happy with the outcome of ANNIE. This was Hanna and Mr. Pyter’s first musical productions here at Central and they are very proud of the success of thisyear’s musical production! Mr. Pyter choose ANNIE because it was a well known and loved musical for all ages, and knew that the students of Joliet Central could spend two months rehearsing and preforming. “Once rehearsals started, we had about seven weeks before the show opened. That is a short turn-around time for a full-length musical theatre production.  Thankfully, we had a good group of student leaders, directors, and volunteers ready to guide the cast and crew through the process.  The cast and crew stepped up in a big way and the show came together beautifully during tech week once all the pieces were in place!” (Pyter). He is now focusing on the Mardigal Dinner that will be performed on December 9th at 6p.m. in the Galleria for $25 tickets which inclucde full dinner, live theatre, along with holiday and Renaissance music sung by the Joliet Central Madrigal Singers. Mr. Pyter says “I’m looking forward to another great musical next year, and planning for that show will begin in the spring”!(Pyter).